TechSpot

Grand Theft Auto V sales cross the $1 billion mark in just three days

By Shawn Knight
Sep 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Grand Theft Auto V is now the fastest-selling video game in history. Where it took the previous record-holder, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, a full 15 days to reach $1 billion in sales, GTA V needed just three days...

Read more

2. bob333

bob333 TS Rookie Posts: 30

For the millionth time, they would've crossed the $1 billion mark on FIRST DAY if they have also released the game for PC.

St1ckM4n, hammer2085 and JasAce like this.
  3. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 299   +36

I don't think this record is going to be beat anytime soon.

4. Wtf!!! No big budget movie comes close!! !

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

That is huge! And it might be the first time that I've been interested enough in the franchise to consider buying a copy. I would just prefer that on PC.

6. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 194   +24

Congratulations on their success.

7. No movies come close because if you think about it, a game costs 60USD where as a movie would be 12USD on average. That equates to less then 25% cost per unit for the movie.

H3llion likes this.
  8. The greatest accomplishment of feminism: Turn men into a bunch of jobless lady boy losers that play video games all day.

bwahahahahah

9. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

Not coming to PC then its a no buy and don't care, too busy playing Arma 3 and BF4 on PC next month to care anyhow.

H3llion likes this.
  10. My explanation is.......americans

11. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 971   +99

Yeah because only Americans buy games right?

Yeah man you got it all figured!

12. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,246   +232

After seeing this
    I want nothing to do with it.

13. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 352   +57

Come on now your US hate is getting away with you, stores all over the U.K and other places were opening at midnight to allow earliest access and were packed. Hell the U.K. alone bought around 1.6 million copies on the first day, yet your response is "americans" how blind is your hipster hatred?

14. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 132   +17

It's actually a pretty good game regardless of platform. I do agree that It would had hit the billion faster if there was a pc version on day one.

15. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 578   +98

They will probably make far less due to piracy. Honestly, I don't blame Rockstar.

16. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,087   +747

I wouldn't hold my breath. This record will probably be history before we even wipe the crap from our eyes. They said the same about COD MW, COD BO/2, GTA IV and the list goes on...

17. Skidmarksdeluxe

After seeing this
    I want everything to do with it.

18. Skidmarksdeluxe

Honestly, I do blame Rockstar. How much money is enough?

fimbles likes this.
  19. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 863   +225

This is adult entertainment. GTA games are rated M and not made for 13 year old kids.

20. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

Wow, you should really read up on what is feminism. Let me give you a hand, start here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

21. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,246   +232

I'm no where close to 13. I just don't believe in violence or guns.:)

22. @ Skidmarksdelux : RockStar deserves all the success in the world. They actually spend years developing every detail in a game, unlike Activision rehashing the same game every year. Heck I remember a RockStar clip with employees arguing over whose tree was better. My only issue is having to wait for PC release on a series that began on PC. I remember wasting life away on GTA and London 1969/61, then GTA 2... It wasn't until Sony through heaps of cash at them for a PS2 exclusive (GTA 3).

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  23. Skidmarksdeluxe

Maybe you're right. It's not as violent, crass and has the toilet humor I was hoping for. :)
    That said, I'm still not gonna miss out on it if it comes to PC.

24. Skidmarksdeluxe

Me too. The GTA franchise has always been and will always be my favorite, even if it ceases to exist I'll always remember it with fondness and the hours, nay months I spent playing them all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.