Grand Theft Auto V system requirements?

xXMagicPandaXx

[CENTER]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V_logo_-_transparent_background.png
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER]I'm going to be buying a new gaming laptop soon and I would like to know what specs I would be needing to run GTA V on Ultra, I've been reading a lot of bullshit about it needing nearly the same as GTA IV but it seems rather imposible since the GTA V must be at least twice the size of GTA IV.[/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER]Thanks.[/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER]-Panda <3[/CENTER]

It's a bit early to tell how the game will be handled on PC, but it will most likely require a lot of horsepower, especially from a laptop. If I remember correctly the previous game needed a lot of CPU and mostly GPU power I believe. This made the game a bit difficult to run for most people and I myself struggled for awhile to get it running good. I had two 4870's in CF and I could barely manage 1080p @ 60fps. Hopefully V is a little more reasonable but looking at some of the early screenshots it's looking like another beast.

No wonder you're planning to buy your own laptop. Why not just boost your own desktop? Besides, the expectation on GTA V is sensational. Rockstar Games posted a couple of pics from the game, and boy, is Los Santos a thing of beauty! I take it you haven't seen one from their facebook page or website. Here's the one I like (y)

V-10-1280.jpg

Thus, I wouldn't worry about system requirements as of this moment. In the meantime, what matters first is the release date, though Rockstar's priority is embargo. Analysts have predicted that GTA V will come out in Q1 2013, yet still a rumor (TBA). But I believe it will use a DX11 technology as well, obviously.

I couldn't recommend playing on laptops, but you can ignore this post if you still insist on playing on a laptop. Otherwise, well GTA V is worthy of our waiting time. So just improve your PC because pretty soon, you're gonna love it! ;)

Well thing is I go to work (office is small and awkward, I rather sit on a couch outside in the fresh air ;) ) and home and to houses of friends a lot and I don't want to take my entire desktop PC all over the place all day because it's heavy and awkward to set up and then I have disconnect it all again in a few hours, but I've been to a massive electronics store and I've seen some laptops that have specs such as i7/Quad-Core CPU, 1GB Dedicated Video RAM, 4/8GB RAM for around 500-550 Euros (690 Dollars or 440 Pounds) and that was more than a year ago, I think the prices could of dropped and there will probably be Christmas Sales on.

P.S. Thanks for the screenshot it made me look forward to playing even more. :D

I've been to a massive electronics store and I've seen some laptops that have specs such as i7/Quad-Core CPU, 1GB Dedicated Video RAM, 4/8GB RAM for around 500-550 Euros (690 Dollars or 440 Pounds)
Those specs don't really mean anything for gaming, at that price point there's definitely not going to be a gaming GPU in there. What you really need to know when buying a gaming laptop is the name of the GPU (e.g. highest end ones are Radeon HD 7970M, GTX 680M).

No gaming laptop will fit your budget and deliver the performance you need, unless you're willing to spend at least £1500.

Any modern mid-range notebook can "run" the game; how well it runs it a different thing entirely.

Do some research and find out for yourself how all the different gaming laptops stack up; notebookcheck.net has a great list of mobile GPUs arranged in tiers; use that to give you an idea of what performance to expect.

Here is an MMO Champion thread that you can take a look at, not huge detail in the thread but up to date screenshots.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1083816-Megathread-Grand-Theft-Auto-V?highlight=grand+theft+auto

On-Topic.

Most likely a decent up to date system. GTA 4 wasn't well optimized from what I heard so I am sure Rockstar has learned from the previous game in the series and actually will make GTA 5 rather more optimized and managable for your system.

Minimum Settings: (runnable settings on minimum with most likely lowest resolution)

Dual Core 3.0Ghz+
GTX460 1GB+
2GB RAM+
15GB Space+

Recommended Settings: (recommended settings for smooth gameplay)

Quad Core 2.0Ghz+
GTX560 1GB+
3GB RAM+
15GB Space+

Just a Random guesstimate, should really compare previous game + current games and see what they have for specs and then center the guesstimate around that.

Spotted one for 550 Euros:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M

GraphicsCard: AMD Radeon HD 6470M (with 1 GB dedicated DDR3, up to a total of 2,65 GB)

RAM: 8 GB DDR2 (2 x 4 GB)

Spotted one for 550 Euros:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M

GraphicsCard: AMD Radeon HD 6470M (with 1 GB dedicated DDR3, up to a total of 2,65 GB)

RAM: 8 GB DDR2 (2 x 4 GB)
The 6470M is a very weak GPU and you'll probably only be able to play GTA5 on low settings. Whoever told you it could play BF3 at max settings is lying. Remember gaming performance is determined by the GPU, not the CPU.

The 6470M is a very weak GPU and you'll probably only be able to play GTA5 on low settings. Whoever told you it could play BF3 at max settings is lying. Remember gaming performance is determined by the GPU, not the CPU.

I didn't mean that those specs are from the PC the guy told me I can run BF3 on, I'm just asking if those specs are any good. :p

Back