Grandpas Acer: Everything is green

Status
Not open for further replies.

davbell22602

On my grandpas acer everything looks green on the montior but when you touch/wiggle the cord thats plugs into the video card its normal. I'm thinkin a short in the color settings on the monitor and replace the monitor. Is there any doubt of the video card? All connections are tight.

Try replacing the monitor/video card cable first. It's inexpensive and could very well be the problem.

If the cable isn't removable from the monitor then you can't easily replace it. If it is removable you can get one cheap from monoprice. Its likely just a short in the cable.

Ok, I put the montior on another PC it works fine. But I'm going keep there for a few days to be sure though. So I think grandpa deleted some of the video files by accident and didnt know it. He's bad habit of clicking and deleting without seeing whats being removed.

But then wiggling the cable wouldn't make it normal if it was deleted files.

If so, then it would likely be the connector or near the connector. Can you try substituting another card or trying the suspect card in another PC?

I just put another monitor on grandpas PC but no greenish or yellowish color on the monitor. Works fine accept somehow he disabled the mouse. I had to remove it under hardware and let reinstall a mouse.

It appears to me that there is a problem with the original monitor cable as SNGX1275 and I suggested earlier. If your CRT monitor doesn't have a removable cable because it's built-in, I suggest trying to position the cable so the monitor works normally, just like it does with the other PC.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to have it repaired but I don't know how feasible that would be as I've never had it done. The easiest solution might be to buy a new monitor.

I'll probably just buy one those flat screens if the monitor is being a pain or use my dads dell monitor that he replaced with a flat screen. The doesnt look removable useless I take the monitor apart. The cable is in some kinda gray slot bracket. I can move the cable up and down in that bracket.

I did find some exposed bare wires where some of the black insulated stuff was sliced so I wrapped it up with black electric tape.

Those exposed wires are likely the source of the problem. I wouldn't bother with removing this type of cable. You don't have a replacement anyway.
I'll probably just buy one those flat screens if the monitor is being a pain or use my dads dell monitor that he replaced with a flat screen.
A reasonable plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back