Graphic adapter for Dell XPS M1530?

By Jingol2
Apr 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello

when I turn on laptop see this black screen !

[​IMG]

I hear windows 7 start sound and sure windows load

I test by VGA cable with another monitor and see black screen at another monitor too

I think GPU down !

Do you think same ?

what Graphic adapter I can put for Dell XPS M1530 again? ( cheaper )

Thanks a lot
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,667   +868

You cant replace graphics cards for laptops. But I may have a solution. I would have first thought that this was a screen issue, but when you hooked it up to another monitor that idea was gone. I get this every once and a while when a graphics drivers isnt that great. What graphics adapter do you currently have?
  3. JC713

Alright, I did some research and found out your PC has the nVidia Geforce 8400M GS. Try downloading these drivers according to your operating system:
    Windows 32 Bit driver
    Windows 64 Bit driver
    Once you download the driver, in the installer, make sure you chose the "Custom Install" option and check "Clean Install".
  4. Jingol2

Jingol2 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

JC713 thank you for your help

but can't see windows for install driver I can't see setup, DELL logo and ... too

when turn on laptop I have black screen, I press F2 or F12 or F8 but don't show anything !
  5. JC713

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.