TechSpot

Graphic card not spinning (pics) 100C at idle!

By ginhev
Mar 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello!

I posted a thread earlier today and I asked for what the problem is, so I opened the case and I saw that the graphic cards fan is not moving. I created a new thread because I didn't write the problem in the topics name.. So I took some pictures!!

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto149.jpg
    As you can see my processor fan and the chassi fan works fine

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto151.jpg
    Harddrives and other components

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto153.jpg
    Here!!! Do you see that it is not spinning? I dusted it off and it still is like that..

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto154.jpg
    Same thing here!!!

How do I fix it? I know it is the problem..

I mean, I got at the moment over 100C in idle.

If I can't fix it, how do I remove it? Would another graphic card fit in there?

2. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. Judging by the pictures you should be able to replace it, but not with anything powerful. With out more information I can't help you. I need to know more about the hardware in your computers, pictures only do so much.

Download a program called CPU-z. Tell me the processor, motherboard, ram and video card.

3. ginhev

ginhev TS Rookie Topic Starter

Processor:
    AMD Phenom X4 9550

Motherboard:
    Acer RS780HVF

RAM:
    DDR2 4096 Mbytes

Video card:
    ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

How should I do to use a more powerful video card?

4. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 899   +15

if you want to use your current video card, you have to dust it off and install new fan.

otherwise you can purchase a new video card which have approximately the same power consumption. there are plenty of choice depending on budget.