TechSpot

Graphics accelerator

By robin stevens
Aug 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I bought a few older games to see what my computer can handle and one of them "king of the road" won't load, I get a pop up box that says no accelerator, any ideas guys where I can find a suitable one, my os is windows 7

cheers

2. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 TS Rookie Posts: 81

it might be that your PC is too fast to run it properly other than that you could check yhur graphcis drivers are fully uptodate

3. robin stevens

robin stevens TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok will do, thanks for your help

4. DevilDevansh

DevilDevansh TS Member Posts: 53

I'd say the problem is that the game is too old and slow to run on your computer.
    Your problem is quite same to this one:
    Link:http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-game-wont-work-on-mordern-ish-pc.182433/#post-1213741
    **try the second and third link in the #2 post.

5. ahayuta

ahayuta TS Rookie

Hi buddy I had the same problem n fix it [​IMG]
    was running the game on win 7 on a Radeon 7900 n it came up with "No graphic accelerater blah blah'
    so all I did was plug my monitor cable into my on-board card a 'intel HD Graphics 4000' n worked fine apart from start page was a bit fussy but in game was fine. Hope this helps bro [​IMG]

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.