graphics are weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaili

hey im new and im wondering why my graphics are like this if i have a geforce 6800. it looks like the graphics are all stretchy or something... i need help this is annoying me!!!

id feel better downloading it from the nvidia site but which one is better inthis case?

I have the DNA ones on my 6800 GT and they outperform the Nvidia drivers. But you can go with either one and you should be fine.

If you do go with the DNA drivers get the Force 1.0.7124 and not the 1.1.7180 cuz i just tried the newest one and they have some issues but the old one is stable! :wave:

well i downloaded the driver and after i installed it and restarted my computer i went directly do counter-strike source and the graphics are totally weird now are these drivers known to do that?

Which driver did you dl, try dling both of the drivers and try them out and see which ever one works for you better

Alrite uninstall your driver and dl the one from nvidia and see if that one works, to uninstall your driver go to control panel->performance & main->System->Hardware tab->device manager->display adapter->right click on your video card and uninstall the driver. To be more thorough you can DL this program called Driver cleaner pro which will totally clean out your drivers. Then restart your computer and DL the driver from nvidia and install them and see if that works. I am guessing you have already DLed the driver that came with your video card before you posted your inquiry??

ok i downloaded the other one and it was bad too all these odd shapes and colors everywhere but not as bad as the dna one

I have run out of ideas here i am guessing there mite be something wrong wit your graphics card if its not working with any of the drivers, which company makes the card?

Is this an issue with only one game, all games, your desktop? What kind of monitor do you have, CRT, or LCD, did you move it someplace else when this occured? Did you just install this card? If so, it may be that you didn't get it seated properly, make sure the clip on the AGP? slot clicked properly. Remove it and reinsert it and try it again. Also, what size power supply do you have, it might be power related. You didn't say you have a GT version, but if you do, have you got the extra power line plugged in to the card, if you have a GT, it won't work right without this.

As far as the drivers go, I really don't think this is a driver issue, but I could be wrong. I'm not trying to put down DNA drivers, but I have had issues with them several times. I don't use them anymore, but there are a lot of people that are very satisfied with them. In a case like yours, my opinion is that you would be better of using the official nVidia drivers, at least until you get this sorted out, after all, they are the real drivers that were made to work with your card. If you want to try a a seemingly endless supply of beta drivers, go to here, and click on downloads, Forceware drivers. I find the 67.03 drivers work well for me on my BFG 6800 GT OC, if you want to try the beta's these would be a good choice, even though there are a lot newer ones. You will see so many different drivers it will amaze you. Also you can look for modified drivers of which there is also an abundant supply.

You should be able to change drivers without any danger, following BringingHeat's instructions above, but I would download the new drivers first so you will have them ready. As he said, be sure and use Driver Cleaner after you do the uninstall, to clean out any last remnants of the old drivers.

If you cannot resolve this issue, I would call tech support for the card, and talk to them. Could have a deffective card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back