Graphics card and audio issues

I'll try to make this as short as I can.
Recently bought a computer (used) Played sound,games everything was fine until I got a message saying I might be using a fraud version of windows..So I got a new windows CD (I use Windows XP) And reinstalled it..But now that I've reinstalled it sound doesn't work anymore..With that I go into control panel and says no audio component found,Friend recommended I try downloading Realtek. Nothing.

I can't play certain games Because I need Directx9.0c..I've read posts on-line on similar sites about graphics cards,Direct x etc.. Don't use computers often.. So computer terminology is waisted on me..Technologically challenged for sure. So I don't see why if its the same computer it no longer functions the same with the new windows CD. I've tried to download what I can and what has been recommended.
ex: downloading from Microsoft

Do I need to buy new hardware/software for the computer? (My apologies for using incorrect terminology)

Sounds like you're just missing drivers! Have you updated windows completely? This is probably the easiest way to update drivers. If you have and it's still isn't working. we will have to take the longer method. This would involve finding the specific devices that need drivers and download them straight from the manufacturers website.

Alright, this means that we have to update the drivers individually. Open up device manager and scan for new devices. You will be looking for a device with a (!). This means that the drivers aren't working or are not installed. This will provide us with each device that needs to be updated. From there, you will need to go to each devices manufacturers website and download the drivers.

Alright, this means that we have to update the drivers individually. Open up device manager and scan for new devices. You will be looking for a device with a (!). This means that the drivers aren't working or are not installed. This will provide us with each device that needs to be updated. From there, you will need to go to each devices manufacturers website and download the drivers.
I havent used XP in a while, but does it do this in XP?

Alrighty then,thank you :)

Back