Graphics card and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this a good Upgrade, and can I fix it?

I just upgraded my video card from a Radeon 9600se to a GeForce 6600GT, and I was hoping to see some improvement in my gaming. (frame rates and such). When I got everything installed I only noticed a slight frame rate difference (about 12-14 above my other one) and I still can notice the skipping even if my graphics arent set the the full amount. I was wondering if it had anything to do with my processor (Athlon XP 2200+) and/or my RAM (512 Dual Channel Kingston, DDR 400)?

it could be your cpu

personally i think it is your cpu i have a friend that recently upgraded from a geforce 2 32mb to a 6600Gt and sees no lag in any games he also has dual channel 512 as do u but he has a 2800+ so if u are lookin for better performance up your cpu

I have a 6600gt and when I'd play bf1942 with 512mb it would stutter a little, due to having to access the hd since it wasn't enough ram. I got 1gb now and it runs much better.

I would think your cpu is bottlenecking your whole system...athlon xp 2200 runs at 266mhz fsb which limits your ram to 266mhz as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back