Graphics card between £100 - £150

account73

Can someone please suggest a graphics card that is between the budget of £100 to £150

I prefer nvidia over ATI. Thanks

Hmm....

I would need your specs, including the PSU (power supply) wattage.

I am getting a nVIDIA card: GTS 460 for 400watt, ~120 euros in Slovakia.

Or you can get GTX 550 Ti, 400 watt.

Tell us your specs and current card.

~Atham

thanks Atham.

PSU = 600 Watts
CPU = i5 2500
1 hard drive 250gb
8gm ram

I'm looking for a pci express card and would like a hdmi port on it ( I guess most have hmdi now?) Around £150, i can pay a little extra if needed.
I dont over clock, and will be using the card for a little bit of gaming, sims3, diablo3 when its released if i'm able to run that.

Oh.

Then I recommend ATI Radeon HD 6850. In Slovakia it is 50% off, don't know how in other places

thanks. Is this better than nvidia graphics cards? The reason i prefered nvidia is because on sims 3 there is problem where the shadows look bad with ATI graphics and nvidia gfx card users dont have this problem.

If i was to spend MAX £200, what card would you suggest?
and what would be the equivilant nvidia card to this HD6870?

thank you

Nah, I doubt it. HD 6870 is pretty good. Go to youtube and find some videos of the game you play with the given card and see how it runs compared to yours.

Hmm yes i'm looking at videos now. It looks good. Just the problem with shadows in Sims3 concerns me.
Whats the best nvidia card below £200? and how does it compare to the 6870

Would the 6950 be the best AMD card if I was to spend £200?
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/250400

What would be the best nvidia card for £200? And which would you pick?

A few more questions as well, sorry.
You reccomended HIS HD8670, is this better than the XFX HD6870? http://www.ebuyer.com/product/244474

They are suppose to be the same price, but this one is currently in the sale.
Second question. You can get a Ice Q Turbo version of the HIS.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/264779

Do you know if the cooling is much better on this?

I don't know all the differences, but try looking for how adroit each of the cards are i.e. if an HIS HD 6870 and XFX cost about $200 each, then try looking at the better stronger card for the same price. 6990 is a killler but 6950 is the best up to 200$. In Slovakia there are half price for 6990, from 995 Euros to 575 Euros.

I would get 6990, if I were you so that it will last for a long time, unless you are really pressed on your budget then 6950 would be awesome.

What resolutions do you game at?

Anything less than HD (1920x1080/1200) and your simply wasting money going higher than a HD6870/GTX560 Ti.

IMO a HD6950 is serious overkill for less than HD resolution.

Different manufacturers have a different take on cards - they all generally use the same reference design (e.g. board and components) and just change the clock levels, and cooling setup. In reality (the majority of the time) there is very little difference between one identical type, and another in my opinion.

I will run at 1920x1080. I've read xfx offer a life time warranty, is this true? What's the warranty like for Asus and his

If your running 1080p then anything from the HD6870 upwards is going to suit you well.

I wouldn't know warranty information, but it will be on each manufacturer's respective websites.

Back