Graphics card driver

I just installed windows 7 64bit on my new toshiba p870/026,
[FONT=verdana]Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M 2GB with Optimus + Intel® HD Graphics 4000[/FONT]
(http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/p870/psplfa-026001/specifications for full specs)
I hit a brick wall trying to install the driver for my geforce gt 630M when it stated I needed to install the intel driver first. I assumed this was for the intel HD 4000 integrated graphics but after downloading that driver, it said my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for it. This is for both the exe and zip versions of the driver. All I know is that my current running graphics card is certainly not the 630m as even youtube videos can't load in fullscreen.

I'm out of ideas and really need help. What do I do?

They mean you need to install the Intel chipset drivers first not the graphics driver. Besides that and the graphics drivers, you need to install all the other drivers including the LAN driver, sound drivers, cir driver, touch pad driver, web cam driver, etc.

Are you down grading from win 8 to win 7, If so you may have to look for win 7 device drivers. If you try and download the drivers from toshiba,For this model and it was win8. You will run into the problem you are having.
When you try to download a driver from the site for your model.

Toshiba doesnt let you install 3rd party drivers (for example, graphics drivers straight from nVidia). The hardware signature is not recognized by 3rd party installers. That is why I never buy Toshibas. The default drivers from Toshiba are fine if you are not gaming.

Thats not true. I have a Toshiba laptop. It will accept drivers straight from Nvidia. The only problem you will most likely run is to > Is if I were to change my laptops OS . Then try and use Toshiba original drivers for my model. Other then that . I have been able to download third party drivers to update my laptop.

Thats not true. I have a Toshiba laptop. It will accept drivers straight from Nvidia. The only problem you will most likely run is to > Is if I were to change my laptops OS . Then try and use Toshiba original drivers for my model. Other then that . I have been able to download third party drivers to update my laptop.
I guess Toshiba is more flexible now. I am mixing them up with Vaio now.

Back