TechSpot

Graphics card for Optiplex 210L slim

By Dat1Gamer
Feb 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Okay im looking for a GOOD Gpu that I can play my games like Fallout NV ULT on max and bo2 and mw's can any help me? my budget is $100-150
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,978   +1,487

Your first problem is getting a card to fit in the slim case that will max game settings.

The second problem is the power supply unit, which is nearly always a proprietary PSU. It would be nearly impossible to replace a proprietary PSU with one that would power a high-end graphics card.
  3. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 135

True True but im gonna put it in a bigger case
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Are you the guy with the Celeron D? I think you need to either lower your expectations, or raise your budget (to fit in a whole new build).
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  5. cliffordcooley

Would the motherboard from the slimline actually fit in an ATX case? If not you may have troubles finding a case for the motherboard.

I agree with stickman, it may be time for a completely new machine.
    hellokitty[hk] likes this.
  6. Dat1Gamer

Lol.... whats a 13yo gonna be able to build with $170? to play bo2 at 30-50fps? Nothing.

EDIT: And I cant get any money cause I cant spend it because my parents take my money and MAKE me put it towards collage -.-
  7. Dat1Gamer

Well heheuehueheueheuheuh I ther a pc together it has 2 248mb ddr3, ati radeon 9600XT 128mb, amd athlon X64 x2 at 2.00ghz, an asus KV8 deluxe mobo, the cpu is gonna be oc'd at 2.8ghz when I get an hdd with windows 7 on it
  8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,435   +218

Windows 7? Good luck finding compatible drivers for your motherboard and graphics card. ;)
  9. cliffordcooley

10. Dat1Gamer

I have the KV8

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.