TechSpot

Graphics card for Optiplex 210L slim

By Dat1Gamer
Feb 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Okay im looking for a GOOD Gpu that I can play my games like Fallout NV ULT on max and bo2 and mw's can any help me? my budget is $100-150

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,204   +2,638

Your first problem is getting a card to fit in the slim case that will max game settings.

The second problem is the power supply unit, which is nearly always a proprietary PSU. It would be nearly impossible to replace a proprietary PSU with one that would power a high-end graphics card.

3. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 112

True True but im gonna put it in a bigger case

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Are you the guy with the Celeron D? I think you need to either lower your expectations, or raise your budget (to fit in a whole new build).

cliffordcooley likes this.
  5. cliffordcooley

Would the motherboard from the slimline actually fit in an ATX case? If not you may have troubles finding a case for the motherboard.

I agree with stickman, it may be time for a completely new machine.

hellokitty[hk] likes this.
  6. Dat1Gamer

Lol.... whats a 13yo gonna be able to build with $170? to play bo2 at 30-50fps? Nothing.

EDIT: And I cant get any money cause I cant spend it because my parents take my money and MAKE me put it towards collage -.-

7. Dat1Gamer

Well heheuehueheueheuheuh I ther a pc together it has 2 248mb ddr3, ati radeon 9600XT 128mb, amd athlon X64 x2 at 2.00ghz, an asus KV8 deluxe mobo, the cpu is gonna be oc'd at 2.8ghz when I get an hdd with windows 7 on it

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,916   +345

Windows 7? Good luck finding compatible drivers for your motherboard and graphics card. ;)

9. cliffordcooley

10. Dat1Gamer

I have the KV8