Graphics card installation problems

By nizahe
Jan 19, 2009
  1. Hello,

I have a DELL Vostro 200 and am installing my first PCI-E graphics card:
    ASUS Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT. 256mb

My monitor is a VGA monitor and I am using a DVI-D to VGA Monitor Converter to connect the monitor cable to the graphics card. I am uncertain if this is the right converter.

When I switch the PC on, I have a complete blank screen on my monitor. It doesn't power up to show anything.

I know the PC boots up normally, I can even click to login (although blind) so it all works except I can't see anything.
    The PC definitely detects the graphics card as I am currently using the integrated graphics card to write this and on bootup I get a message telling me that I should be using the new graphics card.

Please help with advice if you can.
  2. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 229

there is a spot in most bios to tell it whether to use the onboard video or pci video. check out your bios setting/
  3. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,115   +9

need to turn integrated graphics off in bios, and make sure the pci-e is set as main display. You may also need to plug the adapter into the other port on the vga card.
  4. nizahe

nizahe TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried both those things but no change.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.