Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

waterproof

I have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other I believe is faulty hardware, I first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so I decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, I dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

If that's the case then why when i put the graphics card (the one with the issue) by itself and boot my PC, my monitor is not getting a signal at all from that card but when i test it on my other card by itself, it works well...??

well whats the actual error in device manager for that graphics card?

the screenshot as shown, where 2 of them are running, 1 is working and 1 sits with its fan on and idle doing nothing else. when tested 1 by 1, 1 works perfectly the other cant even be picked up by my monitors :(

no but in your screenshot you double click on that card and it will show a code error

it did show an error, something about it being installed incorrectly. may i ask if you were to update your graphics card, why does it have to be 2 CD to use and not 1? does the 2nd time have to be done manually? if sli is installed for it, wouldnt it treat the card as 1 graphics card?

no the cards are always treated separately, they never really become one but act as a load balancer, so the cards help each other out if it needs it

i would go onto the MSI website and download the latest drivers for it and also go to the NVIDA website and download the latest forceware drivers

no the cards are always treated separately, they never really become one but act as a load balancer, so the cards help each other out if it needs it

i would go onto the MSI website and download the latest drivers for it and also go to the NVIDA website and download the latest forceware drivers

so how would you recommend updating the drivers/forceware - load it up from DVD with both cards turned on together or do it separately one by one? im wondering how to update each of them if it were to do it manually

with the nvida forceware you only need to install it once for both cards, but to update drivers from the MSI website go to device manager and force its update that way by browsing to it

Back