Graphics Card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolka999

Hello everyone :)) Before I go to sleep, I decided post here my problem, which drawing me crazy :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, I`am playing Counter-Strike 1.6 and only this one game, few months back unfortunately my graphic card Nvidia MX 400 (64MB) died, so I have to buy new, I bought Gigabyte Radeon 9600 pro (128MB) and then my problems start :(

So, I have very badly fps drops when playing Counter-strike from 90 to 30-45 and it`s just doesn`t let me play this game...

Mmm now is late and my head jcan`t think, how to describe my problem...

http://www.bildem.lv/bilde/suda_pc_1268522026.png

Look to your selves, it`s not fine if I have 40FPS when ONLY 8 players are playing :mad: :mad: :mad:

What I have tryed:
Try to change drivers, newest drivers worked even worse
Try to change graphic card like Radeon 9200, Nvidia FX 5500 - same problem
Reinstall Windows
Change speed from 8x to 4x - nothing hapens

Nothing helped :(

My PC isn`t so good, but when I have old graphic card everythink was fine...

My PC:

Motherboard - PCChips M851
CPU - AMD Sempron, 1583 MHz (9.5 x 167) 2300+
Memory - 512MB
OS - Windows XP PRO SP3

What can I do???

There's a few things you can try, but for starters I would completely uninstall the video drivers for whatever card you are using. Use the Add/Remove programs window to remove the drivers regularly and then run Driver Sweeper to purge all remaining associated files. Restart the system and press the Del key to access BIOS.

In the BIOS, make sure that onboard graphics is disabled and the primary adapter is set to AGP or PCIe... whatever you have. Exit and save changes to BIOS and then let Windows boot up normally. Download and install the latest graphics drivers and restart the computer again when prompted. When the system comes back online, try running the game again and see if the framerate is acceptable.

If you still have problem, I'd be inclined to thing the issue lies with the game itself and not your hardware. If the game is installed on a separate drive, perhaps reinstalling it would correct the framerate. If you are running the game through Steam, verify the files or change the settings to the default. You should also make sure to update to the latest DirectX 9.0c and that there are no background processes hogging up resources, like Antivirus programs or open browsers.

Tnx for reply :)
I did uninstall all previous drivers and install new one, but nothing changed, then I tryed few other drivers, but again, nothing changed :(

BIOS settings looks fine AGP slot is primary for graphic card.
Directx is updated.

I have reinstall game a few times, but nothing :(

Earlier I worte that I have changed few graphic cards, but same problem...:(

Any other suggestions? :)

edit:
Is it possible that my AGP slot is somehow broken? So he can`t did all his work ? :)

Well I'd like to rule out the graphics card(s) as the issue since you've already gone through all that, and I might suggest swapping RAM or checking CPU temps. I would think if the AGP slot was the problem it wouldn't work at all, at least not a full 8x speed. It's also possible that the northbridge chip on the motherboard itself is getting too hot. What about background processes, have you checked them out? Sometimes a buggy network driver can cause a system process to hog resources and thus result in poor performance. There's also a chance that it could be a virus but if you've already gone and completely reinstalled windows (using a full disk reformat) then it's not very likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back