Graphics Card Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, new to these forums hope you can help.

I have an e-machines e170 with a Celeron 1.7ghz processor 384mb of DDR Ram and onboard Intel(r) 82845g/gl graphics controller. I'm looking to extend the gaming capacity of my machine by installing a 128mb graphics card

I'm told i need a PCI graphics card for this machine.

I would like to do a DIY install and wonder if anyone can help re disableing the onoard ie where will i find the jumpers or can it be done through BIOS?

Also any good web sites for newbie PC upgraders??

thnx

Don't expect any miracles as PCI graphics cards aren't exactly top for gaming unless you want it for something else. Even so PCI graphics cards are rare brand new. Old; really old PCI cards are your best bet.

I still can't believe people buy E-Machines. I know of a person who just bought on e a few weeks ago; keep in mind she doesn't use it for gaming so anything else should be fine.

Yeah PCI card doesnt make big performance boost for your machine, i advice you to get a mobo with agp slot and upgrade your vga, trust me pci card now very rare and only have very old model which mean it can't provide power to play recent game at top quality and speed.

but it's up to you to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back