Graphics driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware

Hi guys, I just created an account here so I could post this:

I've got a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU graphics card, running on Windows 7 laptop. I wanted to play The Witcher 2 but it lagged a lot so I wanted to update my drivers.
Everytime I try to update it says: Install Cannot Continue: This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.
Also my NVidia Control Panel button is gone and I tried to retreve it earlier by getting it back from my external HDD. The file's called nvcplui. I click it, nothing happens. I run it as an Administrator, nothing happens.
Also, when I try to run NvCplSetupInt. it just results in this: Setup failed to read the required Display Driver to be used with this package.
I really don't know what I should do as I'm not too great with these kind of things, I just want to play my games.
I'd really appreciate any help,

Thanks

This is a laptop. You have to get your mobile graphics driver from the laptops support website only

Hey man i get same problem
but i have a solution for fix it
You have a Old Driver *example: Intel driver? Uninstalling it and reinstall nvidia driver
it work for me...

Hello to all of you who are out there helping people like myself. I was helped with a problem by using the link supplied by SKYSTAR on Dec.12 after hours of searching and downloading through the laptop makers guides and the NVIDIA site.
I believe in the old Arabic saying "Ask someone who has tried before someone who is taught"
Many thanks to SKYSTAR and all of those like him/her

Hello!
I have the same problem. I want to update nvidia geforce driver because I need it for playing NFS The Run (which requires nvidia geforce driver version 285.38) but everytime I try, same message shows: "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I have Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/T. Can you help me?
And if I need to erase graphics drivers installed on my system,can you tell me how to do it?

jerma, is your graphics hardware a GeForce 9300M GS? If so, make sure you have the correct driver to match it. You don't match the driver to the game but to your hardware. Further, if that is your graphics solution, I don't believe it meets the minimum requirement of NFS The Run. Also, it appears your CPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements either.

If you want to uninstall your existing driver, do it through Programs and Features in the Control Panel.

Yes it is! I found the driver on NVIDIAs advanced driver search.I wanted to paste link but I can't.
Thanks for help mailpup! I don't know much about computers and stuff.

Try uninstalling the old graphics driver from Programs and Features first and then install the new driver. If it won't install, try going to Sony's website and download the graphics driver they list for your laptop model. In fact, it would be better if you went there and downloaded it in advance so you will have it on hand just in case.

I can't say for certain if your laptop will run this game since I don't have this game nor do I have a PC with your fairly low specs but I kind of doubt it. The only thing you can do is try it and see. As I said before your laptop does not appear to meet the minimum game requirements so keep that in mind.

hi skystar and all other peoples, I have the same problem and when I unintalled my graphic driver and I restart my computer then my windows automatically update my driver and I cant stop soooo plzzzzzz help meeee

How did you try to uninstall the graphics driver? Was it through the device manager? Uninstall it through Programs and Features.

Just for your information, when you uninstall drivers through the Device Manager, Windows will automatically reinstall them when you restart Windows as you found out. It's not being updated, just reinstalled.

If you don't find your graphics driver in Programs and Features, it probably isn't installed. Instead, you would be using the limited generic graphics driver supplied by Windows. You need to go to the website of your graphics maker, download the driver and install it.

In device manager you can also select update driver and manually choose the driver you want to use for the update. NVIDIA and AMD graphics driver packages can usually be extracted to a folder and you can browse those folders for the driver inf file. You won't get the NVIDIA control panel eye candy like the running the proper driver install would give but at least it gets you the performance...

Actually not all mobile NVIDIA graphics support official NVIDIA drivers, only OEM-customized drivers. From a certain generation mobile NVIDIA graphics began supporting NVIDIA Green drivers (means that no matter the OEM you can update your drivers with the latest official NVIDIA drivers). Maybe even if the 8M series support these drivers, your particular [notebook] model doesn't.

If your graphics card supports NVIDIA green drivers you should have no problem during installation (at least detecting supported hardware), as simple as that.

Actually not all mobile NVIDIA graphics support official NVIDIA drivers, only OEM-customized drivers. From a certain generation mobile NVIDIA graphics began supporting NVIDIA Green drivers (means that no matter the OEM you can update your drivers with the latest official NVIDIA drivers). Maybe even if the 8M series support these drivers, your particular [notebook] model doesn't.

If your graphics card supports NVIDIA green drivers you should have no problem during installation (at least detecting supported hardware), as simple as that.

yeah, if you have a Panasonic, Toshiba, or Vaio, nvidia and amd drivers are not supported, you need to download them from the manufacturer site

Hey Listen Buddy, Don't Worry!!!! Nvidia is a type of software, which enables us to play and do things good in Computer or laptop. But it sometimes fails to work, neither it can repaired easily. I also once installed Nvidia and suffered a lot and lots of problems. But At last I found a Solution. Here This out, what I did:-
- Go to your control panel and click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.
- Now Click on NVIDIA GRAPHIC(or whatever it comes in your page about Nvidia). Now Uninstall it.
- Now Check it out if the driver is completely removed or not.
- Now Install, Intel(R) HD Graphics driver. It easy, problem free and working good too. It never gave me any problem. I will instead say that Intel(R) HD Graphics is more good than Nvidia. Try this. You can play whatever game you want from this driver. I love this. My Game FIFA 09,10,11,12,13 All are working superb and fantastic than before.
The File for Intel isn't too much big, so it is easily downloadable.
Copy this link and paste it on your search Engine.
Hope You Liked My Idea. If this one works for all of you, please give a like for this reply.
Thanking, and I will cont. to help you all. Bye bye...... !!!!! :) :) :)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...phics+3000/2000&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

Hey everyone. I had the same problem. im using windows xp 32 bit and I want to install nvidia GeForce for my windows version 197.45 but I said cant find compatible.any solution for this? appreciate for help.

Back