Graphics glitching up in Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowdyraikov

I recently bought Left 4 Dead 2 and played that for an hour, but then when I played Modern Warfare 2, the graphics were all glitched up. Basically, there were these random lines popping up everywhere. All over the weapon models, player models, and all over the maps. The weird thing is that this didn't happen until today right when after installing L4D2.

These are my specs:
Windows Vista
Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
Intel Duo Core T5250 @ 1.50 GHz
2 GB RAM
28.5 GB of free space

I know the graphics card is a little old (I've had my laptop for about 2 years), however, it ran MW2 just fine on low settings. It ran COD4 and Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 just fine as well on fairly low settings. I downloaded the latest drivers to see if that'll fix anything, but it didn't work.

What can I do to fix this problem?

I have nvidia 8400 GS & modern warfare 2 runs fine. Try reinstalling modern warfare 2 or changing the graphic settings of the game.I had some problem with Age of empires III ships looked bizzare i used a patch from the official site & everything went fine.My friend completed modern warfare 2 evrything runs fine.

I'm not sure if re-installing it would work since I recently installed Day of Defeat: Source on my laptop and the graphics glitched up in that game as well.

I am looking at a pc later today that has the same problems,if i fix it i will let you know what i did.

After checking over his whole machine and testing his card in mine i found out that it's his new card.

I tried downloading the latest drivers for my graphics card, but that didn't do anything. I still had the same problems.

I am looking at a pc later today that has the same problems,if i fix it i will let you know what i did.

After checking over his whole machine and testing his card in mine i found out that it's his new card.

What was wrong with his card?

Just a quick hypothetical question, could excess dust in the fan be the problem?

^^ No,i cleaned it out before putting it my pc,he has had miner problems from the start just been getting worse as time go's on.
It's only a month old so he can still return it atleast.

Oh damn. That sucks. I kind of want to just go and open up my laptop and look around but I don't want to risk messing something up even more. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff so I don't even know where to start.

Oh yeah, I'd like to add that besides the graphics being glitchy, the games run fine (although set at pretty low settings which I don't mind at all). I don't know if this is any useful information or not, but Audiosurf's graphics and Quake Live's graphics don't suffer the same graphical glitches as Day of Defeat: Source, Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2, or Left 4 Dead 2.

Is there a reason why the graphics in games like Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Day of Defeat: Source are glitching up real badly while games like Quake Live, Half Life, and Day of Defeat are running fine?

Please help me with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back