Graphics issue with Sims 2

Hello, As youve probably guessed ..Im a Sims Fan:D
basically i currently have Sims 2 on my laptop, although I dug out The old 'Tower' Computer desktop out the wardrobe this morning, a while ago, Sim's used to run perfectly on it, however it has had a virus since, it's all clear now and good as new although when I reinstalled sim's a message pop's up 'Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.This application will now terminate.' Im confused because, 1) Im not a computer wiz and trouble understanding this!:) 2) on the CD case it says DirectX is included on the CD?! Now Ive downloaded every DirectX online, and they have all failed for one reason or another! My Computer is a Packard Bell and it has Windows XP, its not very old! I just want to play my game happily.. SOMEBODY PLEASE ADVISE ME, and step by step (easy to understand) This is my last resort! Many thanks <3

I think you need to install appropriate Graphics Driver on your system. Can you please give us your computer's exact model number?

Or, you can download CPUZ from here, install and run it, then go to About tab, and save the out as TXT and attach it with your next post.

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.This application will now terminate.
So you have the latest drivers, right?

Back