Graphics issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently built a computer. Normally it goes smoothly and i never have any problems. I put on Windows XP Pro and this time i installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0. / Service Pack 3 / and my nvidia drivers are GeForce 175.19 ..... driver version: 6.14.11.7519 . Then everything went to hell... my dvd quality is really bad and i have experienced a lot of lag and freezing while doing simple things on my computer. I also get the blue screen of death at startup. Message: Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Technical Information: *** STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0x8054B0F, 0XF77E28A8, 0X00000000). .... My graphics card is a GeForce 6800 GT. The onlything i did different this time was the service pack 3 and net framework 3.0 instead of 2 and 2.0 also i have a HDTV Samsung 32" if that has anything to do with it...

Please post your thoughts.
Thanks

0x8E errors are usually due to hardward issues. However, my suspicion is with SP3Many people have had issues with SP3. Having never done it before I wouldn't know how to revert back to SP2 but I am sure if you googled it you can find a way. Let us know if SP2 brings you back to stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back