Graphics very distorted after reformat

terry5880

Hi there all got an old pc in other room, tried to turn on this morning and i get black safe mode screen , anything i click pc reboots then back to screen i have managed to boot from drive and reformatted with xp pro. now on but when on desc top everything seems blurry like the colour in pic of all run. i look in display appearences etc and it set to 640 by 480 and lowest 4bit and they wont change .. also in device manager audio and video both got yellow ? next to them and says no drivers installed etc i tried rool back and install drivers but says cannot install . pc is a emachines 220. any other info needed please let me know .it has on board G card, do i need to buy graphics card for it .. thanks all

It good be dieing.. check drivers and actually physical connection. Eve try blowing dust out.. But once this started happening, my cards usually died.

Yep just go to best buy or whatever with your system info and see what they have to offer. You don't need the biggest and best, especially if you're not playing intense 3d computer games.

ok m8 the 1 im on now i just put 8600gt nvidia in it but also upgraded alot of other bits .. this 1 with graphic prob now is old thing so wont go to big lol

Sorry, but that's terrible advice. I wouldn't go out and buy a new graphics card yet.

As you said Terry, the device manager indicates that you're missing the appropriate drivers. Try installing all of the Windows updates and that might set you up with suitable drivers. If not, you should be able to find drivers on eMachine's support site.

just dont understand y it went to safe mode screen and would nt do anything from there accept reboot bk to tht screen . but now reformatted them graphics are very bad etc as in 1st post

hi all i have since reformatted again .. then graphics was fine then after doing few windows updates like sp2 pc restarted and wen came back on graphics was back to how they was all colours running etc . then out of the blue it stops me from doing more updates as it says my windows been blocked something to do with key out of date or something ? pls help

Back