TechSpot

Green lines/bricks, crashes, powers up but no screen display. Dell Latitude D630

By bbblades222
Jul 11, 2009
  1. Hi everyone; I have a dell D630 that I started having problems with about 2 months ago, in the middle of normal functions vertical rows of small green bricks would appear, followed shortly by a crash. Then, I can power it back up but the screen will remain black. It lights up, the pixels are obviously functioning but it is black. Every once in a while it will work again but only for about 1-5 min and the green lines will come back.

This happened shortly after I had it outside during a construction project where it may have gotten some dust in it or something... I am guessing this is relevant?

I have tried blowing everything with a little keyboard cleaner air can, but that is all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,909   +91

Hi bbblades222,
    is that onboard video, or a card? the green lines,bricks, etc sound like an overheating problem, most likely vram. also you indicated that you had to recently move your machine, try re-seating your graphic card (if you have one) . and welcome to Techspot :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.