Green Screen when playing Videos???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkie

Ok guys, I just performed a format on my desktop Pc.
I have installed correctly all the required drivers, my network works fine
and generally I don't have any problem.

Now, when I try to play a video file, I watch a green screen instead of the video.
I tried to play all the video file types(mpeg, avi, vob, mpeg-4...etc.) and no results..Only The Green Screen !
I have almost all the media players in my system(Windows Media Player, winamp, Quicktime, Realplayer, NeroShowtime..) and in all I have the Green Screen.
Audio works fine, I hear the music of the video but I watch green screen

What do you think is the problem in my situation ?
Thanks.

nikkie said:
and in all I have the Green Screen..

Hi

I think its a codec issue, you may have had the correct codecs before you reinstalled.

What codecs have you installed since you put the OS on, the most popular is Divx and Xvid, do a google on them to find the websites.

Regards

As I always say to people....lower the hardware acceleration! I had a weird problem in my old computer where icons were blue and unreadable, and it worked.

(Post 200)

I know that choice mate, but I had full hardware accelaretion and everything was ok before the format.
So I don't think that's the problem .
I tried to install the K-Lite Codec Package Full . And I can't see results . I don't know ..

It may be a vid card driver issue, have you installed the driver version you had before you formatted the drive, many go and get the latest ones but they dont always work the way you want and older drivers work better,one rule is if a driver works for you then use it even if it's an older one, you may find it could resolve your problem.

VGA Drivers.......

VGA drivers was the problem ....After the format I downloaded the latest drivers for my VGA card and I installed them.
I had the green screen on videos when I had the latest drivers from nvidia ....is that POSSIBLE ? Anyway I installed the previous version again and no problem:unch: ....I just can't explain this situation..:knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back