Grey screen with lines while playing games

Wildo

I bought an asus g73jw laptop 6ish months ago and ive been having problems recently with grey screens with green lines. The grey screens only happen when i play games(COD blackops and Assassins.Creed.Brotherhood im sure it would happen with other games but i only play thos right now) ive updated all my drivers and i dont know what the problem is, could you please help me out it is extremely annoying.(my computer doesnt freeze, i can still end process) it says driver has stopped responding and has recovered

Another problem im having is while playing portal 2 instead of grey screening im computer completely crashes and i have to wait 2-3mins before i can start it up again.

screenshot

my computer actually restarted this time, but hes the screen of temps after the restart.
Model - Intel Core i7 720QM

Core #0 - 85C
Core #1 - 72C
Core #2 - 81C
Core #3 - 72C

These are a little bit high but what are the displayed temps when the PC is running a game?

Did you get a blue screen when it crashed, if so post the minidump file.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

while running the game the temps are between 70 and 80. It doesnt blue screen it grey screens with colord lines.

OK, those temps are fine during game use.

The next thing to check is your memory. Try running the laptop with just one memory stick and see if the problem persists, if it does, swap the sticks around so you try it with each individual stick.

Did you get this laptop as new, if so you should have a warranty so may be it would be best to return it.

This fault could also be a problem with the video card, is it a replaceable card in this laptop or integrated into the motherboard?

they told me it might be a bios problem but the instructions on how to update the bois dont work(on the asus website), ive called 3times to get another link but they are all the same.

I tested the memory 1by1 and it still happend, the videocard is removable.
and yes i bought it new.

This is sounding like a fault with your videocard or maybe the screen, as you will still have a warranty I would advise you return it while you still can.

Hello I had the same problem and I fixed it what I did I went to my desktop right clicked on the screen and clicked on screen resolution and checked what was my resolution mine was 1920 x 1080 so I went in game and changed it to 1920 x 1080 so you do the same with you'res I hoped I helped

Back