GTA IV and Batman Arkham Asylum give BSOD as others do, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

killershadow

CPU = Intel Q6600 @ 2.45Ghz Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB

GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 295 CO-OP Hydro Copper Video Card - 1792MB DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0

PSU = Enermax Revolution ERV1250EGT 1250w PSU

RAM = OCZ Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel 4 GB ( 2 x 2 GB ) Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 800 MHz ( PC2-6400 ) 15-5-5-5

MOTHERBOARD = Abit AW9D-Max (Intel i975-ICH7) BIOS 17

TOWER = Thermaltake Kandalf LCS VD4000BWS Full tower

main drive = Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 5000AAKS SATA II 16MB Cache 7200RPM 8.9ms Seek Time

OS = Windows 7 x64 7600 Final OEM

Previous GPU = Inno3D 8800GTX
Previous PSU = Jeantech Storm 700W

>I took some time out as the GPU 8800GTX died on me.
I have purchased the Evga GTX 295 Hydro and still get the BSOD. At first i thought is was possibly my PSU (Storm 700W) so i have changed the PSU to the Enermax 1250W Revolution.

Still the BSOD (irql not less or equal) exists when i play gta iv and batman arkham asylum.

I wounder if the software (windows 7) i use maybe causing this issue? Or is it definateley the drivers and hardware, but surely replacing the GPU and PSU rules both these hardwares out of the equation.

>I have run memtest86 for 12 hours and no errors

>I have run Prime95 for 24 hours and no errors

>I play the games using the no-dvd patch and so the DVD drives not used

>I use another hard drive which also is 7200RPM, could this be the problem as slow seek time?

>Could it be the anti virus i am using? - Kaspersky internet security 9.0.0736.

Feels like there is still alot of work involved here to resolve this matter.

In a few days i will just instal the minimum and try the games out then to see if the BSOD exists.

The driver i downloaded for the GTX 295 was from the nvidia website - 191.07 WHQL released 2009.10.05 and when that did not work i downloaded the driver from this site - 195.xx, and this still not work

Can you remind me how i can stop the auto driver instal in windows 7 x64 7600? As i am thinking the driver (old) is not being removed properly and when i reboot it instals the default driver for the GTX 295.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Jazz

Thank you for the very complete description of your system. It appears to be an excellent rig.

Are all of your games installed via the no-dvd patch?

I doubt the driver install is the issue, and "another hard drive... 7200 rpm" should not be the case either.

So what about your clocking? have you attempted any changes such as speed reductions, or perhaps going back to stock install? Sometimes it is helpful to go back the fundamental and slowly start over.

Yes all my games i prefer the no-cd/dvd method.

I have not o/c this rig yet, do not feel the need to as it handles well everything i throw at it.

Using the watercooling the gpu temp is kept low and the cpu only got to 45C - 48C under prime95.

I just got another bsod a few mins ago and was only playing Diablo 2.

dpfgxv.jpg

I will post the bsod screens i get, it is time i sort this dam problem out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank all

Regards

Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back