GTA San Andreas won't start - tried all previous tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have GTA San Andreas for PC - have recently upgraded my 6-year-old dell desktop slightly (320GBHDD and 2gb RAM, and a new monitor).

after i installed the game, it loaded fine (but i didn't actually play it that day)

today, i went to play it, and it won't load. when i click the icon on the desktop the disk spins for a few seconds, and the mouse pointer changes to the spinning-dvd pointer, then it just stops and nothing else happens.

I've looked around online, and found a few different solutions:

-delete gta_sa.set
-right click gta_sa.exe and run as admin
-upgrade drivers
-uninstall/reinstall

i've tried all these but nothing has worked.

any ideas?

as far as i can remember i haven't changed anything since i installed it and loaded it with no problems

before anyone asks, i have no idea what graphics card i have - whatever rubbish comes in a dell dimension 1100 - but if it's loaded before, surely that can't be the problem?

have recently upgraded my 6-year-old dell desktop slightly (320GBHDD and 2gb RAM, and a new monitor).
If you upgraded to a new hard drive, did you install Windows on it? If so, did you install ALL drivers, including chipset, sound, LAN and graphics? If you don't know what kind of graphics card you have, how can you have installed the latest correct graphics driver?

i probably haven't downloaded all those drivers - just the major ones. But as i've installed the game and started it with no problems SINCE upgrading, how could that be the problem?

I had this problem once with my Old Computer, Run a Check Disk on your Harddrive, Then Completely Uninstall San Andreas from your COmputer, (Uninstall Programs) Then go to MyComputer>C:>Program Files> Rockstar Games> San Andreas

Delete Everything linked to San Andreas. Then before you Re-Install go to the Rockstar website and Download the Update for the Game. Then Re-install San Andreas and Before you Run it Go ahead and Install the Update then Restart your Computer. Make sure all your drivers are installed as previously Stated. It just sounds like there's Software Conflict or you have a virus which is not letting you run programs. Do all other programs work when you run them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back