GTS 250 temp issues

merGEE

A little update, i've ran EVGA precision on my graphic card( GTS 250) temp, and sometimes it goes up to 80 + in games. I've tried a Furmark stress test, and it went up to 95 in a short lapse of time, i would say 5-10 mins. ATI tool didnt go that high, i stopped it at 75+. I'm trying to find why my computer restarts randomly during gaming.
Thanks for you help!

Any idea what the rest of your system specs are? Computer make and model. Power supply wattage. Motherboard make and model. Amount of memory installed. Version of Windows... Get the idea?

> Mainboard : Unspecified Unspecified
> Chipset : Intel P31/P35
> Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3000MHz
> Physical Memory : 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD3200AAKS-00B3A0 (320GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S
> Monitor Type : 22 inches
> Network Card : Attansic (Now owned by Atheros) L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller
I've just updated to Windows 7
PSU : Rhino 520watts ( only thing i know)

Good job on the specs... Have you tried running your games with the computer case side off, to see if the computer still restarts?

The computer is opened, with a big fan running at high in front of it, and it still restarts. The temp censor on my case computer is always around 70-75 F with the fan running.

Even the "high" graphics temps aren't that high... The PSU is the next thing to try. Swap it out for test purposes

I checked my PSU voltage with HWmonitor, and for 10 mins of gaming, on the 12V+ section, it was around 9,42 which is normal. Maybe i should try it a little longer and see. My GPU went up to 78 celcius tough.

Hardware monitors don't check current load, and they are known to be very unreliable. Only by swapping out the power supply will you know for sure that the supply is NOT the problem

Didn't you post this same thread a little while ago?
Since it's the same topic, just keep posting on the original thread.

Again, my answer stands, I blame the powersupply.
I'm also going to ask for specifics about your powersupply. Post a link to it, or read off the numbers on the plastic label that should be somewhere on the powersupply.
Or swap it with a reliable one and test. While your at it, turn up the fan speed; your temps are ok, but I suppose overheating is still a possibility.

BTW, does anyone know how to delete photos off your photogallery?

As hellokitty[hk] pointed out you already have a thread about this problem in another TechSpot forum. No need for two.

Back