GTX 260 Cooling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Necrosjef

Hi there,

I have recently bought a GTX 260 and I have had quite alot of bother with it.

I haven't overclocked it and don't intend to but it keeps overheating.

Currently I have 2x 80mm fans superglued to the side of the card blowing air directly into the GPUs own fan. I also have a 120mm case fan at the rear of my case and a 80mm at the front of my case.

If I keep my case open the card reaches 90 degrees when fully loaded. This seems to be spiking at that temperature though and doesn't appear to be anything consistant. It runs when idle at 50 degrees, the general temperature when loaded is around 75 degrees.

Im not sure what else to do to cool it other than to put a house fan aiming directly into my case and just to leave the case open. Really I would much prefer to have my case closed...

Is there anyway to change the fan speed on the GPU itself?
i.e. to make it faster?
Can I change it in the BIOS somehow?
Or is there any program that will allow me to manipulate fan speeds on the GPU?

Any other ideas on what I can do to make the GPU colder?

Thanks in advance!

I had a look for compatible 3rd party coolers but I can't find anything designed for this card. I know it is the same size as the 8800GTX but I couldn't find anything designed for this card either.

What I have done at the moment is glue 2 80mm fans together then glued them to the rear of the case so they are blowing air downwards onto the card. The card is still spiking at 90 degrees though. Last night it was actually consistantly running between 85-95 degrees for minutes at a time.

Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back