GTX 285 (Code 37). Also, cannot update Windows (0x80070057)

In the device manager, my video card shows an error:
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
I have tried my best to completely wipe my computer of its drivers and do a fresh install of them.
I found this after attempting to play a game, S.P.A.Z., which then gave me the error "SPAZ requires OpenGL. Please update your drivers".
Another game tells me that "It appears that your graphics hardware does not have sufficient support of Direct3D9".
Also, something interesting that I have found is that while the device manager recognizes my card, DxDiag shows a blank page when I attempt to view it.

Also, a non-related (I think) error is that when attempting to update various parts of Windows I get the error:
ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER(0x80070057)
Is there any way to check and see the stability of my internet connection? I seem to be getting a lot of errors dealing with that, and seeing as I just moved homes, it could be an issue.

Specs
Windows 7 64-bit
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H
AMD Phenom II x4 965
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

No Alterations/Overclocking Has Been Performed

Thanks so much for the help.

"I have tried my best to completely wipe my computer of its drivers and do a fresh install of them"...
This is not that easy to do and it is very dangerous to do at times. Are you talking about graphics drivers only? If so, go to NVIDIA's support website and download and install the latest Windows 7 64-bit driver for the GTX285 from there.

"Also, a non-related (I think) error is that when attempting to update various parts of Windows I get the error:
ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER(0x80070057)"...

Make sure the date and time and time zone are correct on the computer

Back