GTX 460 1GB , GTX 460 1GB SE or GTX 460 768MB

Punkid

ok so ill be gaming at 1440x900 for now but ill probably upgrade to a 1080p display soon, dont worry about the power supply cuz im going to get a new one too...so which of these cards is the best value? here are the costs:
1GB - ~200$
1GB SE - 144$
768MB - 144$

if u want , check my system specs on the right

The SE has 288 working Cuda cores and the GPU/memory is clocked lower as well; whereas the 768MB version have 192bit memory interface. So I wouldn't bother with either of these, provided you can spend 200$; in-fact the best price I could find for GTX 460 is Rs. 20,000/= (Source: Galaxy). And if you can spend a little more, Radeon 6870 would be just as good a choice. Regards

im gonna get someone bring it for me from abroad, so itll set me back like Rs. 16,000 , and i do not want to go for an AMD card...

Okay, then as I said earlier on GTX 460 1GB is the best choice, however, I would suggest you to reconsider your option of getting someone bring it from abroad, as if there is any hardware issue arises either straightaway or after sometime, you will not be able to claim warranty.

The SE is a good choice id you want to stay with 1gb ram and can overclock pretty good also note that the AMD cards are great cards for around the same money and the 6870 is faster just a second choice if you wanted any.

for your price range there are no other cards but AMD cards so the 460 is it since every other card is over $240 USD

Back