GTX 470 getting low FPS in Path of Exile, other games

Waque

Hey guys I can't figure this out myself.
My computer keeps going low of FPS playing some games (apparently not console ones), but f.ex. Path of Exile, Heroes of Newerth and such. Mostly its when there is a lot of skill animations, but then it drops to abot 3-7 FPS, and runs with 30 FPS without any animations going on.
I've updated my drivers, and now checked my temperatures of everything, here are the speccs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120830-0334)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P55-USB3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3580MB RAM
Page File: 2950MB used, 4206MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Attachments

• speedfan.png
    speedfan.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
I play path of exile with a laptop i3-350m and I never dip below 30 fps unless its actualy a full party with full skills but after that point Path of exile is still in development and dont expect to be the best on every system but on HoN it should be playing perfectly can u try playing the game and drop us a Task manager screenshot or a cpu/gpu % on loading the game ect

Okay. How about the temperatures, do they seem fine ? I just dont like the flaming sign there.
I don't know how to post usage of the GPU through the task manager, though here is the CPU and memory usage I guess.

Attachments

• poe cpu.png
    poe cpu.png
    77 KB · Views: 7
Were u even running Poe 0 Cpu usage ????hmm this is suspicius

+ what ive noticed in Speedfan is that the Temperature 3 is up to 80 Celcius which is abit high but that depends on which graphics card and design

what brand is ur gtx 470 il have a little look on it

Yea, almost no CPU is used when I play. Should there be more activity ? Is it simply becasue it is not using the CPU or ?

So there is a program Msi After burner and Msi Predator One is used to overclock a graphics card if ul ever need and The predator is used to capture and take videos but another good thing about it is it can be set to show u the graphics card power ex power drawn of the gpu like 90% gpu power memory and the temperatures .Download and set that up Start up Path of Exile Test it if ur seeing that The gpu % is low its eighter your cpu is fried or the graphics card itself but well only know by time

Okay I've played a little with the Afterburner on, and it actually only went as low as 16 FPS sometimes. Heres det data while playing PoE

Here

Attachments

• POe MSi.png
    POe MSi.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 7
Hmm on the Msi after burner it Seems that the Max Gpu usage was 98% but on the average it was on 40 I dont know someone should really check this up I cant say if it is actualy the gpu or the cpu

If the gpu was really working at 40 while gaming and not at 100 something must be wrong and thats for sure but if its working perfectly it must eighter be the cpu or from Poe itself

It doesnt work at 100 during any game really. But if its the CPU, then what can I do to fix this?

Back