GTX 560 vs HD 6870

ingeborgdot

I have really been looking at getting a GTX 560 but just saw some review that shows that 6870 to be faster. I don't know how reliable that is. Anyone care to lead me in the right direction that shows me otherwise? Thanks.

The difference in performance is not noticable however.

A lot depends on your OC. You will get a quieter and better OCer in the 5xx series thus a faster card then the 68xx. gl

As for Vegas usage. Using OpenGL driver. nVidia has a better reputation in that department. They make solid OpenGL drivers. ATI is shady.

For Vegas, or Premiere or Photoshop go with a nVidia GPU ...

Also, after talking to some people, they have convinced me to go with a 460 with almost the same measurements as a 560 I saw. I may do that.

Also, after talking to some people, they have convinced me to go with a 460 with almost the same measurements as a 560 I saw. I may do that.

DO it.!

I can tell you this much. I saw no FPS difference when I had my 460 compared to 5xx. So it will give best bang for buck and give you pretty much all the frame rate it can dish out.

The price and performance is bar none. No noticeable difference with a 560

The card will be a major upgrade from your 9800GTX , I mean literally 4 times faster frame rates. Where in 9800GTX hd gaming got you 40fps in areas or scenes. The 460 will give you 60fps and never drop Your always at a constant, which is why its advisable to enable vsync also , to stop the image tearing. You need fast ms monitor for this. gl

You can play all your games full detaill, AA and AF high detail Crysis 2 ,, you FPS wont drop below 50's its always clipped at 60fps no matter what scene on hardcore setting HD gaming. You will be very happy. What is cool is the price and the bang you get for it. It will go very nicely with your 3Ghz without a bottleneck pretty much.

Also the 460 overclocks like crazy. Use MSI Afterburner and raise the voltage of the card to 1.1v and you can OC GPU 10 percent and memory up to 17 percent. But make sure when you game the fan is @ 100 if your going to OC. It's a OCers dream, just like the old 8800GT... anyhow good luck keep us updated my friend. gl

No gamer here. I don't have enough time because I use it a lot for video editing. That is the main reason I am upgrading. Vegas Pro 11 does use GPU so my old one (Radeon 4850) needs to go.

Back