GTX 680 socket?

By Nerik21
Mar 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone :) I have seasonic m12 620gm 620w psu so I have one 6+2 pin and one 6 pin conector and for gigabyte gtx 680 soc I need two 8pin conectors so can I find some solution for conectors also I have gtx 580 on seasonic psu so I think I can run super overclock?

Thanks ;)
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,179

Plug the 6+2-pin into one 8-pin connector. And then plug the 6-pin into the other 8-pin connector.
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,257   +110

If that doesn't work the other two unplugged pins are simply grounds AFAIK, and you can just short them.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

I don't know if this advice is correct at all, but I've noticed the the 8-pin adaptors are usually closest along the PCB to the monitor outputs. So I'd plug the 6+2 in there.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,179

Technically if they jump 2-pins off of the 6-pin, you gain no advantages over a 6-pin connector. Sales of a 6+2-pin is a gimmick(unless there is 8 wires from PSU), that gets you to buy a 6-pin as if it were a 8-pin. If there is not 8 wires from the power supply, power ratings can not be calculated as 8-pin.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.