GTX 760 FPS drops

So a few days ago a problems started appearing.
I will play a game, and the game runs really smooth, at like 70-80 FPS on very high settings, but after a few mins it goes to like 20 FPS!!
and if I restart my computer, it will be the same, it will work smoothly for a few min, and after that it will start to stutter and play at like 20 FPS.
this happend to me in every game.
in war thunder, in wolfstien, in the witcher 2.
I start the computer, I play the game, it runs smoothly for a few mins, and then I am forced to lower the settings greatly because of the FPS drop.
I used to play war thunder on movie settings, and the FPS was on average 60+ in battles. now its 20-30 if I use these settings.

my system specs are:
Intel Core i5 4570 3.2Ghz (3.6Ghz Turbo) LGA1150 Tray

Intel Original LGA1155-1150 ליבת נחושת - עד 95W
(ליבת נחושת means Copper core-till 95W)

Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 for 1150

Silverstone Presicion PS08 USB3 + FSP 500W

Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 1.5V CL11

Gigabyte Geforce GTX760 2GB RETAIL

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3

LG DVD-RW x22 Dual Layer Sata Black

Thanks in advance!

You did not mention what you have tried to do to resolve this issue, so here are a couple ideas:
Have you overclocked the graphics card? Possible bad settings if so. If you have, try lowering the overclock settings.
Have you tried un-installing the Graphics drivers and then re-installing the latest ones?
Have you opened up the computer and visually inspected all connections? Maybe re-seat the Graphics card? Check for dust while you are in there and clean it out, to include the fans.
What else do you have running while you game? There might be something else that is running in the background that could be slowing things down for you. Run a Malware and Virus check.

Well, I also posted the problem on some other forum and we managed to find a solution.. apprantley my windows caused the problems, after I reformatted my computer it started to work properly again.
none the less, thanks!

Straight to a last resort, so now you will never know exactly what the issue was. Can't say that I blame you though. I'd want it fixed ASAP as well. :) I'm happy you got it sorted.

We checked the temps, we tried everything, and I even replaced the power power supply since they suggested it, and ran a virus scan... im pretty sure it was the windows :)

Back