Guild Wars 2... can my computer handle it on the lowest setting?

sarasa1989

Hello,

I am sort of torn between whether I should risk playing this game. I hope I am posting in the right place.

I have a laptop that has Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1
Intel Core i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73 Ghz
Plenty of hard drive space ( this alone should not be an issue...I basically have an entire hard drive (400GB <_<)
Nvidia GeForce GT 330m (this is what I am worried about)
6 GB ram

I have not a clue what the minimum requirements mean with regards to the Graphics card. I have no idea how to compare it with mine. But I have this horrid feeling that I'm going to manage to kill this little part.

This is what the minimum requirements say (so you don't have to look it up lol)

ComponentMinimum System Requirements
Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Better
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
Memory 2 GB RAM
Hard drive 25 GB available HDD space
Graphics card NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better
(256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
Internet connection Broadband Internet Connection
Input
Keyboard and mouse

and this is the minimum requirements for macs
Operating System Mac OS-X 10.7.X or later
Processor Intel Core™ i5
Memory 4 GB Ram
Hard drive 25 GB available HDD space
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 320M, ATI Radeon™ HD 6630M, Intel HD 3000 or better
Internet connection Broadband Internet Connection
Input Keyboard and mouse/equivalent

PS its a laptop...I know laptops suck for gaming :( I just graduated from college :( I needed a laptop to lug around) I just need a new addiction!!

Thank you :)

Your GPU is pretty weak but given that the minimum requirement is only an integrated Intel HD 3000 I'd imagine it would be playable at the lowest settings. It's quite a CPU heavy game and you have a great CPU so that should be fine.

Your 330m is more powerful then a 7800, your CPU is well over the power of a core 2 duo at 2.0ghz, you should be fine, if the game were to only use two cores remember you got turbo boost on the CPU.

Back