Guild Wars 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a fair ammount of searching on the web and reading quite a few articles and interviews some questions have come to mind.

The introduction of Guild Wars 2 is the next step in the Guild Wars series. But will it stay true to the Guild Wars style or become a WoW rip off?

I love Guild Wars. It is by far my favorite video game ever. Thats not to say WoW isn't cool, but for me it is a matter of budget and, quite frankly, I can't afford WoW.

In Guild Wars 2 they are revamping the movement system a ton. The game will introdue a Z-axis, like WoW. You will also be able to interact with your environment. Swimmming, climbing trees, and other fun things will now be a part of the game. As well as destructible environmental features. Yay! Breaking stuff. They are also introducing 4 new playable races. One of the drawbacks to the original Guild Wars was a lack of choice in your race. Unfortunately, you could only be human. Guild Wars 2 that changes. Charr (a beastial race that looks like a tiger, bull, and a human were thrown into one big blender), Asura (small, intelligent beings who construct massive teleportation gates), Humans, Norn (half-giant people who can become what look like werebears, Note: this will be a racial ability in GW2), and the Sylvari (elven like people who are connected via a hive mind like system and who sprouted from a glowing, white tree) will all be playable races. The thing I'm most looking forward to is the random events that will take place throughout the game. Dragon attacks, raids on villages, and the like will happen randomly during the game. Best part, let's say a dragon is attacking a village and a bunch of people show up and 'shoo' it away then the people who helped get a reward. But lets say not enough people show up, then the dragon might destroy a bridge. They are also toying with the idea of NO LEVEL CAP at all (I'd like to see how that works out). And for those of you who like to PvP, they have the solution for you. World verses World PvP matches. GW2 will not be on seperate servers but one major server. This will then be divided into worlds. A person can move freely from one world to another. This also makes it possible for giant world vs world PvP matches in which a teams from different worlds face off.

So is it a WoW rip off?

Maybe, but I'd like to hope that it will make it like WoW enough for people to stop the fighting over which one is better.

By the way, if anyone is actually interested in Guild Wars, my character name is Aberon Blackblade. And, if you want to join a very very very laid back guild then private message me in game. We have a cape, hall(not full), and 11 members. Always happy to meet new people

i too like gw and planning to get gw2...and i have heard that it's like WoW...but i just think it would be better than WoW...that's just my opinion..i'm not a big fan of WoW...not sure if there's a monthly game fee though..

GuildWars

No there is NO monthly fee to pay i have the first one. but i have yet to install it. i hope its not hard to learn, im new at mmorgs.

it's not hard...jus takes a whole lot of time n patience to level up...my sn on there is malyese jules...if u ever see me on..i can help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back