Guildwars ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

My name is Jessie. I am new to this, so there's a possibility that you all may not even get this message. Hope I'm doing this right! haha.

So, I was wondering if anyone out there knows more than I do about the game Guildwars....(which isn't going to be much, because I don't know very much.)

I bought the game...brought it home...downloaded it, and played it for about a month.... it has been 2 months, and I have not been able to ply it! It won't even let me log on...it tells me - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GUILDWARS IS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO ARENANET NETWORK. PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS WORKING, OR TRY AGAIN IN A FEW MINUTES.

Now a few minutes, I can understand...but two months?

Someone please help?

Thank you for your time,
JessMarie82

First off Hello and Welcome to Techspot! :D

As a owner of the game I know this problem all to well, your firewall could be blocking the game.
So are you running one? And if so which? Try turning it off and trying agian.

Firewall could be blocking the game... yes. The only other thing I can think of at this moment is the extremely EXTREMELY unlikely event of Arenanet blocking your ip from their servers. But I can pretty much guarantee that that is not the case.

I've spent nearly 1000 hours playing... and only had that problem 3 times... twice in Vista ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back