Guitar=Hardware, anyway,a question about depreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ph30nIX

Hey guys,

My friend is trying to tell me that if you buy a $3000 "classic" guitar, and then you go and play songs on it etc. that the PRICE will either stay at $3000 or have a higher value...

What do you think, all comments welcome.

P.S feel free to move this to a correct category, i wasnt sure where to post it.

Ph30nIX.

This isn't really a computer question it's more of an auction type question. Musical instruments tend to depreciate over time unless they have something particularly unusual attached to them (like a former celebrity used it, it is extremely rare - like a stradivarius, or they are known to be a good make and they are rare - like a Selmer Mark 6 saxophone.) Condition of course affects price as well.

apparently the same MODEL was played by metallica or something, so i didnt think that it would mean alot.

Ph30nIX

thats what i assumed, and it was the same model played by Ramones.

And its on techspot because i know how smart you people are :)

ph30nix.

Technically i think that a guitar is "other hardware" since it is a peice of electrical equiptment. So i suppose this would be the correct place.

Ph30nIX

I didnt see the title when i first looked. guitar=hardware. Thats a funny one. lol
I just dont see the point of asking a bunch of techies about guitar values.

Sean

Re: First Post

A Classic as in Inve' Mompstine's wooden or a classic as in Grandpa Less's Fender? Either way the price would depend on who you are and what you played heck Sher's first Cellphone sold for 11g... I have a 550 Bass guitar that sold for 2G because NickelBack and a few other headliners used it and there are photos of them using the bass. I know a guy that go a $230.00 cheepy and sold it on Ebay for 650 all depends on who wants it. I know I have a Old have made Shelby in it's time they were "Cheep Hippy Guitars" now if you can find one you are looking at 900-3500 for one and that is the plywood ones made in China if you get the American made solid Two part wood like mine you can pay up to 7Gs but then again I have a Mann I paid 1G for new and I may get 150 for it if I put strings on it. I all depends more who plaid it how thay played it what the ax is made out of, who made it what it was made out of how it was made and the cut of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back