[H] Computer making annoying noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoR

Ever since i opened up my case and took out my hard drive and slaved it on another computer to transfer the files then reformat it and reinstall it in my computer. I've been hearing this wierd noise in my computer. At first it was just a sort of loud hum i thought maybe i bumped the fan a little so i tilted the case and the sound subsided but as soon as I stand it back up it comes back.. Just earlier today it started to sound like a fly stuck in a windowpane buzzing around.
Now its making this terrible sound its like "ugnh- - - ugnhh - - - Ugnhh" I'm pretty sure its the fan on the processor. When I was reformatting I decided to spray air duster around and i accidentally sprayed the can upside down on the heat sink and some of the liquid came out. That stuff evaporates pretty fast though so I didn't think anything bad would happen, and nothing did. I don't know if this is related or what?

My theory is that the cold *** liquid made the heat sink brittle and the fan is pulling it with the airflow sorta like a kazoo. But i not even sure if its the fan. My computer is working properly and everything. This sound is getting very annoying though.. please help me. Thanks

Think you should relubricate the CPU fan or purchase another OEM heatsink with FAN combo.

Lucan

p.s. ensure you have lot space between your hard drives/optical drives and the CPU

Sounds to me like something is catching in one of your fans.

If you can isolate the guilty fan, take it out, and give it a real good clean, and replace.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Generally its not a good idea to try and relube them. Most of them are sealed bearings. If you absolutely want to, I'd recommend graphite first, before trying oil. Oil will collect dust.

SNGX1275 said:
"What do you mean graphite?"
Graphite

What happened if we dont have dry graphite on hand and only had the lubrication and a piece of clear box tape? i used second one and it work for me at all time. :)

Of course i will go with SNGX1275 because some people dont know how to mod or doesnt have patience with that :)

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back