Hackboot.rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have found that there is a "hacktool.rootkit" viruss on my pc. located in C:WINDOWS\syst32.dll.

This has been found by Norton, Prevex1, sysclean etc. All identifyit, but none can quarantine or delet the virus.

I have run a Hijack scan, and have attached the scan log. I have no Idea how to analyse the log.

Any help or avdice would be much apreciated.

Thanks in anticipation:confused: :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

HJT can`t do anything against a rootkit infection.

You`re only chance of removal is to go HERE and download the sysclean package. Follow the instructions exactly.

If that doesn`t help, there is a programme called Unhackme that claims to be able to get rid of rootkits. See HERE for more info.

It`s quite possible, the only way for you to get rid of the rootkit infection is to reformat.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of wopstrop only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard

Thanks for your reply.

I knew HTJ was only a scan tool.

Seemed to have got rid of the syst32.dll using the Prevx1 software, Unhack me was no use, even when I scanned knowing the vrus was ther it did not detect it.

So thanks for the advice, took me 3 days of trial and error with various programmes but seemed to have got there, will let you know if anything changes.

Once again, thank you

Unhack me worked for me I also used A-squared

I had let my Norton lapse and was infested--"Rookit Removal" was necessary. I used all of the below: Make sure you have all your drivers ready - if you wipe out your wireless- keyboard or tablet you will need to go through a driver reinstall. It is hard to know what is good-Partizan helps with what it thinks is good or bad. This post would not allow me to post links.

"Detects and removes rootkits" "UnHackMe"

TrendMicro™ HijackThis™
Will also check Websites for Safety -IE Browser Menubar

A-Squared
emsisoft.com/en/
Norton from Symantec

Lavasoft adaware

Spybot-Also Monitors
safer-networking.org/en/donations/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back