TechSpot

Hacker finds Apple AirPlay private key, offers AirPort Express emulator

By Emil
Apr 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Developer James Laird decided to reverse engineer the Apple Airport Express to find the private key after his girlfriend had connectivity issues and he was surprised that an Airport Express emulator didn't already exist. With the key in hand, he then wrote his own open source AirPort Express emulator called ShairPort. Here's how he describes it:

Read the whole story
  2. Omnislip

Omnislip TS Rookie Posts: 96

So, Apple, you saw what happened to Sony. How're you gonna take this? Or won't you care?
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

"My boyfriend just bought me earrings, look!"
    "My boyfriend reverse engineered Airport Express for me."
    "*****!"
  4. Your boy may have Apple Raid his house and take all his hardware now just like Sony!...
  5. Apple raiding the house and seizing all his and her property (including the 1st born) in 3 -- 2 -- 1...
  6. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 632   +123

I can't see Apple treating this with as much grace and dignity as Sony, but they may just surprise us.
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I hate the fact Apple's streaming doesn't support tunneling. I don't wanna be on the exact same wireless network to stream my stuff. Even Windows can stream across the world to your mobile device.
  8. Steve Jobs just found his new liver. I see him ripping out his IV's rising from his hospital bed at home and removing this hackers liver for violating the holy ground of Apple proprietary technology.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.