TechSpot

Hackers exploit zero day vulnerability in Adobe Reader and Acrobat

By Leeky
Dec 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe confirmed yesterday that its Adobe Reader software contains a zero-day vulnerability, crediting the security team at Lockheed Martin, which itself was a victim of an attack through the exploit,…

Read the whole story
  2. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

This is where interactive firewalls come handy:

*Nod32 traffic window appears whit an unknown incoming communication*
    *Clicks Remember action, remember IP and Denny button*
  3. I have never been crazy about Adobe in general but they really need to fix and make their products more secure. Why does a .PDF READER need to write stuff anyhow?
  4. Eddo22

Eddo22 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 149

I ditched adobe reader years ago. Foxit is where .PDF reading is at. :D
  5. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

seconded!
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,661   +57

hmm i need to get rid of adobe its been the focus of hackers off and on since its inception, mines been acting funny lately
  7. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

You're right. Foxit is fast, small and very capable. Plus it doesn't watermark PDFs when printing, unlike some Acrobat alternatives. And I've never seen it crash, unlike Acrobat.
  8. using alternatives does not mean your completely clear of vulnerbilities but that the vulneerbilities in that alternative product has not yet been publicly discovered.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.