1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Hackers to release "DingleBerry" tool to jailbreak BlackBerry Playbook

By Matthew · 5 replies
Dec 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Three developers have reportedly bypassed Research In Motion's security, gaining root access to the BlackBerry Playbook. The trio -- currently known as xpvqs, neuralic and cmw (Chris Wade) -- demonstrated…

Read the whole story

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +172

Great, now the 10 people who actually bought one of these can enjoy their jailbroken Playbook

3. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 267

Maybe if I lived in the US, I'd be excited. But as it stands, the PB goes above and beyond what I need it to do. People who got it on sale recently appear to be pleasantly surprised with just how good the tablet is. Shame RIM didn't make such a good impression when they debuted it nearly a year ago.

4. Umm... these are selling out all over the U.S due to the new lowered price of 179-199. So there will be tens of thousands of people looking at this as an option.

5. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 733   +196

Yes. I don't plan on getting a tablet though.

6. I bought one. I love it! Too bad they did not follow through with this because it is an awesome computer. They could make a lot of money with it if they use better business sense.