Hackers to release "DingleBerry" tool to jailbreak BlackBerry Playbook

By Matthew
Dec 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Three developers have reportedly bypassed Research In Motion's security, gaining root access to the BlackBerry Playbook. The trio -- currently known as xpvqs, neuralic and cmw (Chris Wade) -- demonstrated…

Read the whole story
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Great, now the 10 people who actually bought one of these can enjoy their jailbroken Playbook
  3. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

Maybe if I lived in the US, I'd be excited. But as it stands, the PB goes above and beyond what I need it to do. People who got it on sale recently appear to be pleasantly surprised with just how good the tablet is. Shame RIM didn't make such a good impression when they debuted it nearly a year ago.
  4. Umm... these are selling out all over the U.S due to the new lowered price of 179-199. So there will be tens of thousands of people looking at this as an option.
  5. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 437   +70

Yes. I don't plan on getting a tablet though.
  6. I bought one. I love it! Too bad they did not follow through with this because it is an awesome computer. They could make a lot of money with it if they use better business sense.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.