Hacking traffic lights is easy if you have the right gear and some basic know-how

By Shawn Knight
Aug 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Security researchers from the University of Michigan have demonstrated that it's possible to hack into public traffic light systems. And as it turns out, doing so isn't all that difficult so long as you have the appropriate hardware and put...

Read more
  2. infiltrator

infiltrator TS Booster Posts: 140   +21

This article reminds me of the Hacker's movie, where they take control of the traffic lights.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

The advances in the field of juvenile delinquency are absolutely astounding, are they not?
  4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,618   +494

This article reminds me of the Die Hard movie, where they take control of the traffic lights.
  5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 736   +259

I feel like there was an article somewhat recently that pointed this fact out..?
  6. Reminds me of that game watchdogs where you could hack things pressing Q.

Reminds me of the film Traffic, because you cant spell traffic lights without traffic.
  7. NicktheWVAHick

NicktheWVAHick TS Enthusiast Posts: 66   +36

Maybe if someone hacked into the traffic lights in DC the flow of traffic would actually get better......
    H3llion likes this.
  8. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 600   +57

"Identified some easy methods that can be implemented to fix the vulnerabilities"
    Yeah right, if it isn't a software update, the government isn't going to fix all the stop lights. Total waste of manpower to them.
  9. This article reminds me of the Italian Job movie, where they take control of the traffic lights.
  10. Reminds me of that time I took control over some traffic lights.