HAF 932 side case fan not working

Route44

I just finished building my brother-in-law his first gaming rig using this excellent case. Everything powers on with the exception of the huge side case fan. One of the molex pins was slightly bent but not anywhere close to breaking so it didn't take much to connect to the power cable.

Anyone have issues with this fan before? Advice? I will be testing it with a multimeter. Thanks.

Peel back the sticker covering the motor slightly, and look at the solder connections for the two wires. I assume you already looked at the wires through the chase to make sure they weren't pinched or broken.

Well after opening up the case I looked at the pinned molex connector on the fan. I immediately noticed that two of the prongs, one red wired and the other black wired were sticking out of the housing on the bottom.

So even though the power cable was inserted into the molex properly two of the pins were not in place to make a connection, thus no power.

I had to bring considerable pressure from behind on the molex to make sure that the pins were correctly in place. Once I did everything came together and fan fired right up.

Thanks dustin_ds3000 and red1776 for looking in on this. And G this system is a thing of beauty. My brother-in-law couldn't be happier so thanks for all your suggestions. :)

Back