TechSpot

Half Life 2 Black Mesa mod

By Rage_3K_Moiz
Dec 9, 2008
  1. Anyone know when it's gonna be released? The trailer says 2009, but not much else. Here is the official site, and just in case you were wondering, it's a mod that recreates the original Half Life using the Source engine. Looks pretty sweet IMO.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

The mod has been on and off for awhile so they don't really have an official date. Expect it to be early-to-mid '09 though.

4. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 261

I certainly hope so. I've been waiting for this mod for like over 2 years :|

5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

Never played anything except source for more than ≈ 1 hour. The graphics are just terrible, 6.4 x 4.8 resolution FTL?

oh sorry thats HL2, no post delete button o.o.

6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Even Half-Life could be played in high resolution, I don't see where you base your claim of 640x480 ?

7. Appzalien

Appzalien TS Rookie Posts: 94

Is this a multiplayer only mod or single player

8. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

CS 1.6 and CS CZ both had terrible graphics, even if resolution was quite high, thats my point.

9. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Topic Starter Posts: 5,431   +28

The GoldSrc engine was the best at the time Half-Life was released. HL was the game that pioneered the free-aiming style of shooters that followed it, and it delivered superb action and a great story to boot, not to mention some great puzzles. Of course, it looks quite crappy now, all because the GoldSrc engine is derived from the ages-old Quake II engine.

That being said, the trailer for the mod promises some awesome action. Can't wait to play it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.