Half-Life 2 delay confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Although there is still hope for a holiday's release, Shacknews got this confirmation from one of Valve's team members that the awaited Half-Life sequel won't be making it into the stores September 30th as was previously announced:

The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

It's hard to believe anyone anymore. The release date for Half-Life 2 has gotten to be a game in itself. This news comes from Warp2Search and GamersHell, that Half-Life 2 is indeed going to be released on Sept. 30. Who do you believe? I still think it's going to be delayed. I've seen release dates at various sites of anywhere from early to late November.
Gamers Hell are reporting that Gabe Newell (?) sent us a mail letting us supposedly know that the 'news' posted on Shacknews yesterday (story) is a fake and that Half-Life 2 has gone Gold and in production now. Here's the official word:
The release will still remain on schedule for Sep 30th. People who have pre-orded it via Steam will still get it before the Sep 30th but we are currently ironing out a couple of bugs, people may have seen Half Life 2 yesterday for a minute on it while we were in our testing stages (...) The SDK will be available for download tomorrow 2.00pm EST. Now you've heard it from the horses mouth so rest assured. More news to follow on Sep 26th.

Don't know if this is true, but according to GamePlay"s release schedule, Half-Life 2 is now set for a Sept. 24, 04 release date. Will we ever see this game? Look at the statement at Warp2Search for more info.
I guess they must be completly re-making that game! Shame nVidia got so upset about their performance, that they forced a re-work of the GFX Engine to make nVidia GPU's perform better.

Edit: Can't direct link to the GamePlay page, but it's on there "Preorder/Release Radar" page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back