TechSpot

Half Life 2 Episode 1 load error

By diget
Nov 6, 2009
  1. after i start the game i can get just past the part of the game were god throws me in the car then after i run into the hall way to my left from were i get out of the car the game freezes then crashes with nothing telling me after wards why it crashed.
    has any one had this problem and if so how can i fix this?

i am running windows XP, sempron processor 2.80GHZ, radeon x1150 video card.
    i can play half life 2 episode 2 just fine why cant i play episode 1 ?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +237

I would uninstall it and download it fresh from Steam.

3. JieMan

JieMan TS Rookie Posts: 65

It could be a compatibility problem due to video or sound drivers, I would suggest a clean install of both ,, a good way is this ., open control panel, uninstall drivers ( video ,sound ) restart to safemode, run driversweeper ( free at guru3d.com) analyze and clean for drivers, restart , install new drivers one at a time restarting in between ,, if that doesn't work then find the games executable and try changing the compatibility mode.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +237

Of course, when you pirate a game it is not unusual for glitches to appear. If and when they do, you are on your own.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.