TechSpot

Half-life 2 launcher dll - fix

By grAPH
Jan 21, 2005
  1. I couldnt help but notice how many people have posted about this problem and how many bogus fixes there have been. well, i assure you, i have found the way and this is no "bogus" fix, well at least it worked for us! :grinthumb. Anyways lets get on with it:

Step 1:
    Go to your SteamApps folder and find your half-life 2 folder and copy it to any dir.
    Step 2:
    Go back to your SteamApps folder and delete the entire half-life 2 folder.
    Step 3.
    Re-install steam and re-download half-life 2
    Step 4.
    Restart Steam and go to "play games" and launch half-life 2
    Step 5:
    Play the game.

-=[NoTeS]=-

If you get an even worse problem than the original problem dont hesitate to cut and paste your backup.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this fails and you get the same problem see Cattivo071's fix and apply it to my fix, this combinatioin also works.
    -=[LiNkS]=-

Cattivo071's Fix: See Attachments

Also if you would like to join my group [grAPH] please email me: grAPH04@gmail
    Also if you join my group you may be given a free gmail invite with 1GB free storage so join today!
    Disclaimer:
    I accept no responsability for anything anybody does to their pc,health or anyhthing else for that matter whilst performing this fix
    PS: the disclaimer DOESNT mean that this is going to harm anyone/anything in any way, its just so we can sleep an night -grAPH
    P.S.P.S. Please reply to this thread once you have tried out this fix, thanks -grAPH

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.