Half-Life 2 sets a date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
When Gabe Newell, founder of Valve Software, confirmed last October that hackers had wormed their way into the developer's network and stolen the source code to "Half-Life 2," it sent shock waves through the gaming industry. "Half-Life 2," you see, wasn't just a title any gamer worth his or her salt was drooling over, it was the title industry insiders were counting on to help revive the struggling PC gaming business.

Half-Life 2 is expected to help revive the PC gaming industry.
While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2".
Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.

Read more: CNet News.

Even though I've never been a Half-Life fan, there's been so much hype about this one that I'd really like to see it. Kinda got my curiosity piqued. :approve:

I'm really starting to think "Duke Nukem Forever" with this title. By summer we will probably have games which are as nice as HL2 would have been if it had been out on time.

I think both HL2 and DoomIII were dangled infront of us so we all went "Ooo ahhhhh" at the graphics and game engines. But those were demos. There are not games coming out (on time) which look just as impressive. I don't mean to bad mouth Valve or ID but the delay after delay is only bareable because I would rather wait than play a buggy rushed out product which is all too often seen in the computer game market nowadays.

I realize there's probably a huge push from the marketing deparments of these companies to promise release dates, but you'd think with the amount of displeasure that people express when dates are pushed back that they would try harder to come up with more realistic dates. Of course, even if Doom III, Halo 2 or HL2 are delayed it's not like people won't buy these games. :p

Does anyone still care about valve's release dates? I mean really, just release the damn game and shut up. As if anyone still cares what they have to say or promise. People just want the game.

I've played the leaked version of CZ. It's no big deal really. It's just like the old version+NOLF2 with better graphics. It's rather disappointing!

Re: Valve

Graphics in games are so over-rated it's not even funny anymore. How many people sit there going ooohhh aahhh instead of playing the damn thing. Half-Life and Doom 3 have both missed the proverbial boat now and the 2 greatest games coming will be just like any other game when they are released. And that's the real shame about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back